- What is NCE?
NCE stands for Notification for Commencement of Earthworks.
According to the Telecommunications Act, contractors who carry out earthworks must obtain information on the location of the telecommunication underground cables and the approval from the respective telecommunication system licensee prior to carrying out earthworks for the prevention of damage to telecommunication cables.
- Who should submit NCE application?
The NCE application must be submitted by the earthworks contractor who will be carrying out the actual earthworks. This is to ensure that actual party carrying out the earthworks is fully aware of the licensee’s earthwork requirements and is directly responsible for declarations, confirmations and information required in the NCE application.
- What are the required documents when submitting the NCE application?
- A NetLink Trust’s plant route plan on the proposed site with no more than 6 months validity period.
- A sketch showing your proposed site plan together with the proposed trial holes and earthwork positions relative to NetLink Trust’s plant route plan-
- The project work schedule.
- The cable detection drawing from your Telecommunications Cable Detection Worker (TCDW)
- What is the valid period for the NCE application?
Each NCE application is valid for a period of 12 months.
- Can NCE be extended after 12 months?
Yes. The earthworks contractors can apply NCE extension where the earthworks are to be carried out and completed more than 12 months after the date of the NCE submission.
- What need to be done before you apply for NCE extension
- The earthworks contractor shall obtain a fresh set of NetLink Trust’s Plant Route Plan to confirm whether there have been any revisions or updates to the plan against the previous Plant Route Plan.
- If there have been any revisions or updates to the Plant Route Plan, the earthworks contractor shall be required to repeat cable detection and re-submit a new NCE application.
- If there have been no revisions or updates to the Plant Route Plan, the earthworks contractor may apply to extend the existing NCE application for a further period of 12 months; it shall be accompanied by the updated works schedule for the proposed earthworks. Where the request for extension is approved, the earthworks contractor shall carry out and complete the earthworks within the extended 12 months’ validity period.
- When can earthworks contractor commences the actual earthworks?
The earthworks contractor may commence the actual earthworks upon obtaining the NCE Permit Letter.
- What are the associated charges for the NCE application?
Each NCE application is chargeable at $324.00. All charges displayed are inclusive of GST.
- What are the charges for NCE extension?
Each NCE extension is chargeable at $64.80. All charges displayed are inclusive of GST.
- What are the available payment modes?
We accept payment by credit and debit card (Visa or Mastercard).
- Can I cancel the NCE application after payment is completed?
You can cancel the NCE application but payment will be non-refundable. Do ensure that the NCE application is required and correct before proceeding with payment.
- Will I receive a payment e-invoice after my payment is successful?
Yes. The payment e-invoice will be available for download under individual order page, after your NCE payment is successfully completed.
- How do I sign up for an NCE account?
You may sign up for an NCE account by clicking the “Sign Up” link at the Login Page. An email with the verification link will sent to you to complete your account verification.
- Can I sign up for an NCE account without completing the account verification?
Your NCE account will not be setup if you do not complete the email verification. The email verification step is required to ensure that you have registered a valid email address with us.
- How do I change my password?
After you have login into the portal, click on the "Settings" button. Then key in the current password and new password, click on the "Submit" button to complete the password change
- I have forgotten my password, how do I reset it?
Passwords can be reset by clicking “Forgot password?”. Simply key in your registered email address and click on “Submit”. An email with the Reset Password link will be sent to you.
- I need help with my account or application. Who can I contact?
Please contact us via our support hotline at +65 6692 6830 during office hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm) or drop us an email email@example.com and we will do our best to get in touch within 3 business days.